Surgical Care & Non-Surgical Procedures
At El Paso Specialty Hospital, we know that neck and spinal issues can detract from your quality of life. Our highly skilled physicians will work closely with you to find a positive and effective solution for you.
Whether you need surgical correction or non-surgical treatments, we will make sure you get on a quick path to recovery. We are committed to offering the highest level of surgical care in El Paso and the surrounding regions.
Surgical Procedures for the Neck
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion
- Cervical Fusion Surgery
- Minimal Access Discectomy
Surgical Procedures for the Spine
- ALIF- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion: ALIF can be used to treat pain in the leg or back that is the result of degenerative disc disease. In this procedure, the spine will be stabilized through the use of bone graft material to fuse vertebrae together.
- XLIF-Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion: XLIF is a minimally invasive procedure used to treat leg or back pain caused by certain types of degenerative disc disease. This type of spinal fusion surgery treats the patient by accessing the lumbar spine through the side (laterally) rather than the front (anterior).
- Kyphoplasty: Back pain caused by osteoporosis-related spine fractures can be treated with a Kyphoplasty. This is a minimally invasive procedure that will help to straighten the spine. This surgery can provide pain relief and increased mobility as it reduces spinal deformity.
- Laminectomy: This procedure treats lower back pain caused by stenosis (a narrowing of the spinal canal). The surgeon removes sections of bone called the lamina, which cover nerve roots. This will relieve pressure on the nerves.
- Vertebroplasty: Spine fractures caused by osteoporosis or cancer can be treated with a Vertebroplasty. Back pain can be quickly relieved through this spine-strengthening procedure and chances of further weakening of the spine are greatly reduced. This minimally-invasive surgery can provide rapid mobility along with pain relief.