“There is little that compares to being able to help someone by providing relief from pain through surgery,” says Daniel Morilla, M.D., urologist and surgeon at El Paso Specialty Hospital. A skilled surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive surgeries, Dr. Morilla understands that surgery can be a scary process, and he wants to help put patients at ease.
Whether treating kidney stones or other urological issues, minimally invasive surgery offers many benefits:
- Increased accuracy: Advanced technology available today gives surgeons better visualization and control during surgeries, resulting in more accurate, successful surgeries. El Paso Specialty Hospital’s surgical team is experienced in treating a variety of diseases and injuries using the latest minimally invasive procedures.
- Less pain: Thanks to smaller incisions and less impact on the muscle and tissue, minimally invasive procedures result in less pain and discomfort as compared to traditional open surgeries.
- Get home sooner: A less invasive surgery results in a shorter hospital stay so you can get back home sooner. Some minimally invasive surgeries are outpatient procedures, which means you will get to go home the same day.
- Smaller scars: Small incisions equal smaller, less noticeable scars.
- Quicker recovery: The best benefit for you, and the goal of each of our doctors, is to get you on the road to recovery more quickly, so you can heal and get back to a healthy, pain-free life. A minimally invasive surgery helps make that possible.
“I hope at the end of the day, when people are preparing to undergo surgery, they can trust we see it as a privilege and honor to treat them,” says Dr. Morilla. “We want to help our patients get well and get back to their lives, and minimally invasive surgeries help us make that possible.”
Find out whether minimally invasive surgery may be an option for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.